Settings not launching , launching stores instead with ms-setting

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently I have upgraded my Lumia 730 phone from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

But ever since , I couldn't able to open my settings(Settings Icon is missing).When I click all settings , it launches stores instead with the message "ms-settings". Any help will be appreciated.

Note : I can see solution for this issue in next for laptop\desktops But not for mobiles in net.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have upgraded my Lumia 730 phone from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

But ever since , I couldn't able to open my settings(Settings Icon is missing).When I click all settings , it launches stores instead with the message "ms-settings". Any help will be appreciated.

Note : I can see solution for this issue in next for laptop\desktops But not for mobiles in net.

did you upgrade officially or via insider app?

Can you try a soft reset? Restart the phone

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

anish thomas1

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have upgraded via a app called "Upgrade Advisor" (Thought its an microsoft app),
Yes I have tried soft reset andrestarted the phone , But it didnt work.
I tried to downgrade the OS.But again "WindowsPhoneRecoveryToolInstaller" installation has been getting aborted mid way :( (Have tried atleast 10+ times :( ).

I can see solution for this issue for desktop\laptop in lots of forums (patch updates)...But didnt get any help for mobile phones any where :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have upgraded via a app called "Upgrade Advisor" (Thought its an microsoft app),
Yes I have tried soft reset andrestarted the phone , But it didnt work.
I tried to downgrade the OS.But again "WindowsPhoneRecoveryToolInstaller" installation has been getting aborted mid way :( (Have tried atleast 10+ times :( ).

I can see solution for this issue for desktop\laptop in lots of forums (patch updates)...But didnt get any help for mobile phones any where :(

Try a hard reset (factory reset) Yes, you should do a hard reset for the best Windows 10 Mobile experience | Windows Central

anish thomas1

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot Chintan.
Your solution worked like a charm :) .I regret past one month I wasted lot of time debugging it and trying to install "windows device recovery tool"(for downgrading windows).
And it took my a lot of time to figure it out that hash code issue of "windows device recovery tool"(even yesterday also nearly 5 hours).
Finally I tried factory reset as you suggested and it worked(And i regret I should have listned to you earlier...Thought it will erase all my data and reset to windows 8.1 :( ...thats why i didnt try earlier.But guess what all my data were backed up in cloud including apps....so its nice restored with a solid windows 10 OS after factory reset(not windows 8.1 :)))

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot Chintan.
Your solution worked like a charm :) .I regret past one month I wasted lot of time debugging it and trying to install "windows device recovery tool"(for downgrading windows).
And it took my a lot of time to figure it out that hash code issue of "windows device recovery tool"(even yesterday also nearly 5 hours).
Finally I tried factory reset as you suggested and it worked(And i regret I should have listned to you earlier...Thought it will erase all my data and reset to windows 8.1 :( ...thats why i didnt try earlier.But guess what all my data were backed up in cloud including apps....so its nice restored with a solid windows 10 OS after factory reset(not windows 8.1 :)))

You're welcome, glad we could help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124