Why does my SP3 overheat when playing games?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently downloaded Battlefield 3 and 4 on my SP3 i5 because it was a free download I have had saved on my Origin account. I tried putting both of these games on the lowest setting, but I still had difficult playing. Online multi-player was very laggy and slow and the fan started to kick in. Is this normal? Is the SP3 not meant to be playing games like this? I have League of Legends installed, and it works smoothly.

Somebody let me know what I am doing wrong or what I need to know

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently downloaded Battlefield 3 and 4 on my SP3 i5 because it was a free download I have had saved on my Origin account. I tried putting both of these games on the lowest setting, but I still had difficult playing. Online multi-player was very laggy and slow and the fan started to kick in. Is this normal? Is the SP3 not meant to be playing games like this? I have League of Legends installed, and it works smoothly.

Somebody let me know what I am doing wrong or what I need to know

games are usually resource intensive, both on processor and on the graphics card. So some games can't play well on lower spec systems and hence the fan turns on to cool down the processor that is working overtime to do the game processing.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi