Flightradar app

anon(9900220)

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Yep it's gone for phone anyway. I upgraded my 640XL to win 10 at the weekend, and restored it back to 8.1 after a day only to discover that Flightradar refused to re-install and that it no longer exists in the store. When I contacted FR24 support they had this to say:

"I'm sorry to inform you that due to very small portion of Windows Phone users, Flightradar24 was forced to make a difficult decision to stop providing the app through the Windows Phone App store. If you've previously purchased the app you may be able to download and install it still by going to the Store --> My Library --> Apps --> Show all and selecting Flightradar24.

If you have more questions, please contact directly with the Windows App store.

Kind regards,
Flightradar24.com Support"

The suggestion did not work, and additionally the Microsoft chat bot clown was completely useless repeating the company line that there was nothing they can do.

This rubbish didn't happen in WM6.5 when you could do a proper bloody backup and restore of your own damn device.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep it's gone for phone anyway. I upgraded my 640XL to win 10 at the weekend, and restored it back to 8.1 after a day only to discover that Flightradar refused to re-install and that it no longer exists in the store. When I contacted FR24 support they had this to say:

"I'm sorry to inform you that due to very small portion of Windows Phone users, Flightradar24 was forced to make a difficult decision to stop providing the app through the Windows Phone App store. If you've previously purchased the app you may be able to download and install it still by going to the Store --> My Library --> Apps --> Show all and selecting Flightradar24.

If you have more questions, please contact directly with the Windows App store.

Kind regards,
Flightradar24.com Support"

The suggestion did not work, and additionally the Microsoft chat bot clown was completely useless repeating the company line that there was nothing they can do.

This rubbish didn't happen in WM6.5 when you could do a proper bloody backup and restore of your own damn device.

I do miss the days of WM6.5, used to use SPC Backup alongside PIM back up and they were set to back up every 24 hours when I was asleep. The current backup system is far from perfect to say the least.

The ability to install through the app history should work on Wp8.x and WM10 as it is still listed in the store (well sort of - the entry is there but not searchable).

anon(9900220)

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
The ability to install through the app history should work on Wp8.x and WM10 as it is still listed in the store (well sort of - the entry is there but not searchable).

Unfortunately (for my phone anyway) it is greyed out with the "This app is not available for you device. Tap here for more info", which then brings up "This might be because the app isn't listed in your country or region, it was removed from the store by the publisher, or it's exclusive to a different mobile provider".

I've tried different regions, but I think it is gone. :-(

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately (for my phone anyway) it is greyed out with the "This app is not available for you device. Tap here for more info", which then brings up "This might be because the app isn't listed in your country or region, it was removed from the store by the publisher, or it's exclusive to a different mobile provider".

I've tried different regions, but I think it is gone. :-(

I see, I can't attest to that as I didn't install the app before this so can't test if the app history method works or not.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So here's something interesting. After restoring back to 8.1 FR24 was most definitely gone. So after a couple of weeks I bit the bullet and upgraded to Win 10, and I was able to install FR24 from my history afterwards.

Yup, 10 for whatever reason let's us install apps that were gone from the store before. (with limits though, some I know were removed are gone for good but others...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afileexplorer