Yesterday i asked the question

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The windows start button will not open with a left click of the mouse but will pop up as a list when right clicked with the mouse. This happens randomly and is only cured using the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth process. What is causing the problem and why haven't MS fixed it. I got one answer which pointed to a DLL repair. When I clicked on it my Malaware blocked the sight. Does anyone have a good answer?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It would really help if you registered an account with Windows Central so that you can follow on with your original question.

Asking anonymous questions won't really help people to retain the context.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a known bug in Windows 10. Our PC repair department deals with it all the time. Here is their SOP (after making sure all available updates are installed):

1. Do a System Restore.
  2. Run this in powershell: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  3. If the existing account is a Microsoft account, disconnect and reconnect it. If this doesn't fix it, or if the user account was local, create a new user account.
  4. Reinstall Windows.
The only one guaranteed to work is the last one. The first three have a less than 100% track record.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi