Lumia 1520 battery issues after Windows 10 update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently updated my Lumia 1520 to the official w10 version. But as soon as I did that my battery life has been so short that it does not last three hours. Sometimes it can go off even when the phone is saying there is 80 percent power. Then when charging, it can go from 40 to hundred percent just like that. I have tried to hard reset it twice, but that has not been effective. I also did the battery callibration thing, but my phone still eads powere percentage wrongly. My 8.1 was working flawlessly before.
Is it a microsoft thing, or something is wrong with my phone? I have to say I do like the w10 update,but this issue with the battery is killing me

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
I recently updated my Lumia 1520 to the official w10 version. But as soon as I did that my battery life has been so short that it does not last three hours. Sometimes it can go off even when the phone is saying there is 80 percent power. Then when charging, it can go from 40 to hundred percent just like that. I have tried to hard reset it twice, but that has not been effective. I also did the battery callibration thing, but my phone still eads powere percentage wrongly. My 8.1 was working flawlessly before.
Is it a microsoft thing, or something is wrong with my phone? I have to say I do like the w10 update,but this issue with the battery is killing me

Hi there. Which flavour of W10M are you running? Did you just do the standard upgrade from 8.1? The advice of many others, and the standard reply would be to do a hard reset. This will allow the software a clean slate for installation, and eliminate any incompatible elements left by 8.1. It is an unfortunate fact that this is common place.

If you are up for it, go to settings > About > reset your phone. The other advice often given is not to restore from a back up. Any apps you have will be in store, and emails and texts, should be restored when you sign in. You could restore from a back up and see how it goes, but any issues will have your resetting again.

Hope that helps, and why not join the forums? There is a dedicated thread for the 1520, and plenty of info regarding updates etc. Unless you are brave, stick with the release software as it's pretty stable, and the 1520 absolutely rocks on it. If you think 8.1 was visually good on 8.1, just wait until you get 10 running properly!

Boomeroo

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue. Lumia 1520 with Windows 10 shuts off without warning while battery shows around 80%. Lucky to get 3 or 4 hours so now unusable. I'd swap the battery but I'm not convinced it's a hardware issue.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes