WhatsApp Desktop app Fails on W10 PC

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I ran the installation file which I downloaded from their original website and then when I ran the file I got this error

2015-07-01 14:06:22> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException:

Wish I could put the whole error message but the forum site is not allowing me

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have just downloaded the installer and it loaded / installed without any issues, perhaps you need to redownload the installer?

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have just downloaded the installer and it loaded / installed without any issues, perhaps you need to redownload the installer?
I have the same problem. I re-downloaded the installer thrice but every time it gave me installation error. I also tried running it as administrator but it said not to do so and running in compatibility mode, too, didn't work. No more options left, I guess. Maybe the installer is not built to run on all kinds of software and/or hardware. Like, it may not be working specifically on newer Insider RS builds instead it may be built only for the public release build.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I re-downloaded the installer thrice but every time it gave me installation error. I also tried running it as administrator but it said not to do so and running in compatibility mode, too, didn't work. No more options left, I guess. Maybe the installer is not built to run on all kinds of software and/or hardware. Like, it may not be working specifically on newer Insider RS builds instead it may be built only for the public release build.

It's an .exe file so it should work regardless of any build unless it relies on any dot.net frame work files which most should have installed via WU anyway.

srinath prathi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
From what error is I think it is unable to check what version of Windows I am using. I am not a dot-net dev but it seems in Windows 10 getting the version number is different than previous versions. I will try once in compatibility mode

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
It's an .exe file so it should work regardless of any build unless it relies on any dot.net frame work files which most should have installed via WU anyway.

They seem to have updated the installer. Previously its size was about 65 MB and now it is 53 MB. Anyways, it's working now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo