950 or 950XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking on buying the lumia 950, i bought one when it launched but i needed a more stable daily driver so i sold it (first builds we're buggy as hell as you all know)

However i have some doubts regarding the last builds

Can you tell me which phone is currently more stable? I remember that i had a LOT of battery draining and heating issues on the 950. I like the 950 because its smaller, but if the 950XL is a better phone then 5,7" it is.

Also, is the free dock still available when you buy the XL?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Both will be similar in terms of stability if you stay with the Production builds. It's only when you get impatient and go to the Fast ring of the Insider Preview that you might see some issues and shorter battery life.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Valter Baptista
Thanks for the info :wink:

What about battery life and heating? Are them both similar?

Also i'm thinking on using continuum. Do you know if the snap. 808 hold up when using continuum?

The latest official release, .318 is very stable, and reliable as a daily driver. Battery life has improved dramatically since the early build due to optimisation of the software. Heat can still arise, but this is when really hammering the phone.

I have both a 950 and XL. Both are capable devices that should be unleashed when Redstone Anniversary is released. Both devices cope well with continuum, which they should do, they were designed with it. Again, continuum is maturing in line with the threshold releases.

Since .318, I haven't noticed any significant heat generation on either device. If you do go with a x50 series device, you should notice quite an improvement.

Valter Baptista

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback, i sure hope the L950 can hold a day of usage, that was one of my biggest desperations when i first bought it.

Probably i will go for the 950. I dont care about metal android phones. The new lumia's for me are gorgeous and with the wood back cover it will be even better!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Valter Baptista
Thanks for all the feedback, i sure hope the L950 can hold a day of usage, that was one of my biggest desperations when i first bought it.

Probably i will go for the 950. I dont care about metal android phones. The new lumia's for me are gorgeous and with the wood back cover it will be even better!

My 950's go all day, and the 950xl around a day and a bit. I won't say day and a half as it obviously depends on usage.

If you want to make your 950 look a bit more 'premium', the Mozo back covers make a huge difference, and elevate the looks to what they should have been at release!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap