Will Windows 10 Start Menu and Task Bar ever be functional?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am working on a new desktop, HP Pavilion 64-bit, that came with Windows 10 installed on it, not an upgrade from 8. Initially the Start Menu, Search bar, Task Bar and Volume control all failed and I got a critical error message any time I hit the start menu button. Then at some point there was a Windows update, and everything was fine. Now for no reason at all, it's gone back to giving me a critical error message when I hit the start menu, volume doesn't work, etc. etc. as before. Even right clicking on the volume doesn't work. Is this system ever going to function properly?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I am working on a new desktop, HP Pavilion 64-bit, that came with Windows 10 installed on it, not an upgrade from 8. Initially the Start Menu, Search bar, Task Bar and Volume control all failed and I got a critical error message any time I hit the start menu button. Then at some point there was a Windows update, and everything was fine. Now for no reason at all, it's gone back to giving me a critical error message when I hit the start menu, volume doesn't work, etc. etc. as before. Even right clicking on the volume doesn't work. Is this system ever going to function properly?

Check this out: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-resolve-windows-10-critical-error-start-menu-cortana-bitunjac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiddo