Camera won't start on Lumia 735 with build 14342.1003

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I can't open my Camera after the 14342.1003 update. Just get: "We need your permission - To
use this app, open Privacy settings....error code
0xA00F4245(0x80070005)". But when I open the privacy setting for Camera,
there's no Windows Camera, or any other camera app for that matter,
listed to give permission to. I'm using Lumia 735. How do I get my
camera back working?

I also feel that my phone's battery time has decreased remarkably from previous builds.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't open my Camera after the 14342.1003 update. Just get: "We need your permission - To
use this app, open Privacy settings....error code
0xA00F4245(0x80070005)". But when I open the privacy setting for Camera,
there's no Windows Camera, or any other camera app for that matter,
listed to give permission to. I'm using Lumia 735. How do I get my
camera back working?

I also feel that my phone's battery time has decreased remarkably from previous builds.

Read and post in this forum. Did you tried a soft reset? (hold vol down + power 15 secs then release) ?

Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview - Windows Central Forums

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Since this was the only reply that answered a very specific query, I feel it should be bumped and clarified for future searches. And thank you for the answer!

As previously stated, but I'll clarify; If the "Camera" app (and as of Anniversary, it is not called "Windows Camera") cannot launch due to needing permission:
Go to Settings
Privacy
Other Devices
Use Trusted Devices section
turn on "Camera"

This should resolve it. A little hard to find but luckily not nearly as hard as in Android.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since this was the only reply that answered a very specific query, I feel it should be bumped and clarified for future searches. And thank you for the answer!

As previously stated, but I'll clarify; If the "Camera" app (and as of Anniversary, it is not called "Windows Camera") cannot launch due to needing permission:
Go to Settings
Privacy
Other Devices
Use Trusted Devices section
turn on "Camera"

This should resolve it. A little hard to find but luckily not nearly as hard as in Android.

I had the same issue and I found this setting within a few minutes in privacy - :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss