Apps and Games

Arvind_Prasad

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
There were lots of posts and articles stating because of UWP there will be more apps in store. But i see the apps are very very limited in windows 10. Why so?

Arvind_Prasad

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Legoboyii
Originally posted by Arvind_Prasad
There were lots of posts and articles stating because of UWP there will be more apps in store. But i see the apps are very very limited in windows 10. Why so?

UWP is still in its infancy it takes time to build an app catalog.

Android and iOS 's app stores didn't grow overnight either.

Agreed. But why the older windows phone version apps are not supported? I seriously doubt whether i am using a smartphone or not after i updated to windows 10 all i see is Microsoft apps everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well they should be. I use kik which was made with silverlight for WP7 or so and has not had a major update since February 2012 but i can still use the app on my insider w10m phone. So the majority of apps should still be supported, just search the store

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. But why the older windows phone version apps are not supported? I seriously doubt whether i am using a smartphone or not after i updated to windows 10 all i see is Microsoft apps everywhere

which older apps are unsupported? There can't be that many actually that can't work in 10. From my experience, apps that don't work in 10 usually also don't work in 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788