Tile screen freezing/computer freezing, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Tile screen freezing/computer freezing

Hi, my computer was working fine until I hit the windows key to take me to my tile screen. My mouse would move but that all, clicking it didn't work, itwouldn't even bring up the start etc, so I could shut it down, I been shutting it off by holding down on the power button, I go on computer now, it periodically freezes(quite abit), but the tile screen is a no-go, I find I use my tile screen a lot and would love to get back to the way my computer was. Not freezing at all, it's windows 8.1, internet explorer, can someone help
Thanks

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Tile screen freezing/computer freezing

Your computer needs some solid maintenance. Your best bet might be to take it in somewhere and have a tuneup done, Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, etc, and general PC maintenance done on it. HOWEVER if you want to attempt it on your own, it IS possible. You want to run McAfee Stinger on it, OR the free AntiVirius of your choice (AVG and Avira AnitVir are 2 other good choices), plus you also want to run 2 Anti Spyware/Malware programs on it. Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes Antimalware. I'd have you try HijackThis but you won't understand the results, and you can do more harm than good!

PS Also delete any program you have not used in more than 6 months (UNLESS you really REALLY know you need it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster