Why have I never had a start up menu or Cortana?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have never had start up menu or cortana

I downloaded Win 10 a year ago, big mistake, since then I have not had start up or Cortana, not that I think Cortana a priority.
However I have no access to anything in start up menu pictures etc. I have bypassed e-mail and use my Samsung tab in fact if I was able to get to pictures and a few other sites I would probably just transfer them to a remote hard drive and kick win10 into touch.
I though, stupidly , that Mirosoft would have an easy one off patch to the problem, I say stupidly assuming that Microsoft gives damn about people like me who are not PC literate, why should I be, if my new car breaks down I expect the seller to fix it, not have to strip down the engine or for that matter to lift the bonnet/hood to find out the problem.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have never had start up menu or cortana

I downloaded Win 10 a year ago, big mistake, since then I have not had start up or Cortana, not that I think Cortana a priority.
However I have no access to anything in start up menu pictures etc. I have bypassed e-mail and use my Samsung tab in fact if I was able to get to pictures and a few other sites I would probably just transfer them to a remote hard drive and kick win10 into touch.
I though, stupidly , that Mirosoft would have an easy one off patch to the problem, I say stupidly assuming that Microsoft gives damn about people like me who are not PC literate, why should I be, if my new car breaks down I expect the seller to fix it, not have to strip down the engine or for that matter to lift the bonnet/hood to find out the problem.

So you cannot access start after switching on the pc? Either by pressing the windows logo on the screen or the windows key?

To access your folders and files, you can use the keyboard shotcut by pressing both the windows key and "E"

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.