Can I install Google Chrome on my Windows Lumia 640XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My employer has decided to move from Office365 to now Gmail and Skype for business to Google Hangouts. Due to this move I need to install Google Crome browser on my Windows Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone.

Is there any way I can install Crome on my phone? If not then I have to say this Windows Phone is useless.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My employer has decided to move from Office365 to now Gmail and Skype for business to Google Hangouts. Due to this move I need to install Google Crome browser on my Windows Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone.

Is there any way I can install Crome on my phone? If not then I have to say this Windows Phone is useless.

you can still access gmail on your phone using the native mail app but the hangouts would be more tricky

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Tried accessing using browsers on w10m to access google mail, it seems like it cannot be done now too.

Windows better buck up. Looks like your business enterprise market focus is screwed too.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Tried accessing using browsers on w10m to access google mail, it seems like it cannot be done now too.

Windows better buck up. Looks like your business enterprise market focus is screwed too.

gmail can be accessed by both browsers and the mail app. I used to use gmail via opera mini, IE and UC browser and recently even with edge browser. but of course the outlook mail app can also access it

As for the enterprise market, I believe one case like this cannot be used to predict a trend. Last earnings report mentioned good growth for office 365

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't. When I logged in, it does lists of all googles services and asked me to download apps from play store or apple store. Can't access web gmail, but strangely can view my google circle photos in browser. Opera browser can't even login.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't. When I logged in, it does lists of all googles services and asked me to download apps from play store or apple store. Can't access web gmail, but strangely can view my google circle photos in browser. Opera browser can't even login.

which browser are you using? Can you try changing the mode? Either desktop or mobile version

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned gmail you can use in the mail app, that's what I use.

Client for hangouts is a third party app for Google Hangouts. It is on sale now for 5 bucks. So it exists but you have to pay.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh6ghbm

Why does it matter to your employer which browser you use? Are there certain settings he needs in place? There's a section with additional settings in about:flags if it requires something additional. But not sure why that would matter.

Girish Gokhale1

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Next week I will be attending the Google Training and post that I will try to setup Gmail (Office) account and will provide feedback if it will work. Not sure about Hangouts.

But My employer is not a small one. We are a 6B USD Company and for 40K employees we are moving from Office 365 & Skype for business to Gmail & hangouts. So it's high time for Microsoft to delve into this area and find out what's going wrong?

I have been using Windows OS since 1998 and have faith in MS hence purchased a Windows Phone but unless MS ties a kont with Google it will be difficult and I can't really recommend anyone to use Windows Mobile Phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But My employer is not a small one. We are a 6B USD Company and for 40K employees we are moving from Office 365 & Skype for business to Gmail & hangouts. So it's high time for Microsoft to delve into this area and find out what's going wrong?

Kids and their Google dependence are growing up and becoming men and women in the workforce... And starting careers in IT.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
MS only had three more years to buck up. Beyond that, it's tough.... No amount of repentance will help.

Google docs are actually very useable for general public. It just needs some improvement to make it professional.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I wonder what MS has to say about losing potentially 40000 personnel who used to use office 365? And what Google has to say about gaining them. I haven't heard of any news reports on this

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Next week I will be attending the Google Training and post that I will try to setup Gmail (Office) account and will provide feedback if it will work. Not sure about Hangouts.

I have been using Windows OS since 1998 and have faith in MS hence purchased a Windows Phone but unless MS ties a kont with Google it will be difficult and I can't really recommend anyone to use Windows Mobile Phones.

I'm curious but do you know the reason for the move? Does Google offer better prices?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
it would be better prices but also less functionality for less money - office can be overwhelming in it's options so a company could feel that it's paying too much for too many features that they don't use

I just assume that most offices are managed by active directory whether on a server or via azure. So MS would be providing better packages and bundles with those licenses to begin with. Maybe it's one of those offices that doesn't manage its pc's strictly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully none of them will ever have to deal with support (for Google, Microsoft or Apple) all of them are terrible in that department.

I don't know about the other 2 but MS have been quite helpful for me during the few times I had issues with my pc - they were able to solve issues that I wasn't able to solve. I'm basing this of 5 support sessions. Perhaps you got a bad experience once

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap