Glance screen update fails to download.

Sammibulin

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I recently picked up a Lumia 950 and have been very pleased with the experience. I have had it for 3-4 weeks now and the Glance screen repeatedly fails to download in the store. The error code is 0x803F8001. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the OS will not let me. I also am unable to modify the Glance screen settings. When I open the Glance screen settings, the settings app crashes. Last thing, I put the phone through a factory reset when I bought it. Any ideas or tips on how to fix this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently picked up a Lumia 950 and have been very pleased with the experience. I have had it for 3-4 weeks now and the Glance screen repeatedly fails to download in the store. The error code is 0x803F8001. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the OS will not let me. I also am unable to modify the Glance screen settings. When I open the Glance screen settings, the settings app crashes. Last thing, I put the phone through a factory reset when I bought it. Any ideas or tips on how to fix this?

check your OS version in settings > system > about > more info, What os build is it? It should be 10586.420

Second, I don't know if this applies, but can you change the storage of the glance app? Maybe that can trigger it to download and install

Also, try a soft reset (restart) and then try to download again

Sammibulin

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the response.

My 950 is on the latest production build .420 and I also could not move or uninstall the glance. Also I have had this issue since I bought the phone. I have restarted it many times and it still fails to download. I'm thinking I need to do another hard reset? Any other thoughts or tips?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the response.

My 950 is on the latest production build .420 and I also could not move or uninstall the glance. Also I have had this issue since I bought the phone. I have restarted it many times and it still fails to download. I'm thinking I need to do another hard reset? Any other thoughts or tips?

try using sys app pusher to install it - that might work
If that fails and you really need glance, then do a factory reset. But you could hold off doing the hard rese until anniversary update releases which is less than 4 weeks away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crystalrestoreoffer