how do i turn off updates on w10 on pc hate windows 10 but cant go back to 8.1

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

everytime my pc installs w10 updates everything freezes then I have to go and uninstall the updates to rectify the problem w10 is crap but I cant go back to 8.1 there has got to be a way of turning off updates but I cant find it

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Which w10 build are you on? if things are freezing I think you should consider doing a refresh (settings > update > recovery > refresh and keep files)

If internet speed is your main issue, try a program like netbalancer..

If all of that fails, there is a way to turn off windows updates, but it isn't recommended or you should at least turn it back on every other day or night so that the necessary updates can download... Try the other solution first tho :)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Likely you can go back to 8.1...

If you have a key stored on your motherboard it is for the version that came with your computer. (Because your Win 10 key is in the cloud)

If this program reveals a key it should be for 8.1 or 8, whichever came on your computer. ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

Back up your files to an external source like a portable HDD.

Go here and download the media creation tool for 8.1... It works even if you originally had 8, because 8.1 was free upgrade from 8. :D

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Reinstall 8.1, reinstall your files. Rock on, old school style.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon