My laptop (HP ENVY) isn't actually changing its brightness when I switch brightness.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Basically the title says it all, my computer is stuck on max brightness so the battery is suffering and using my laptop at night is now a pain. I already updated the display adapter and the option to change the brightness in my display settings is there but moving around the slider doesn't actually do anything.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Basically the title says it all, my computer is stuck on max brightness so the battery is suffering and using my laptop at night is now a pain. I already updated the display adapter and the option to change the brightness in my display settings is there but moving around the slider doesn't actually do anything.

did this always happen or has it started recently? Any changes that happened around the time this issue popped up? Like dropping the laptop or doing an upgrade or something?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720