Why have I lost the ability to bring up Internet Explorer

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I purchased some new software on the internet and it will not let me download it because I am told that the download process is not compatible with Edge. It says bring up Internet Explorer but all I can do is bring up Edge. I would love to just get rid of edge but failing that, I need to be able to bring up IE. Any help?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just click on Start button (Far left of the Start bar, with the picture of a window with four panes of glass) and choose All Apps, scroll down to Windows Accessories and click on it and scroll down to IE, pin this to your Start page and you can use IE when you want.

MS left it there so you had a choice and for times like this when you need some backwards compatibility.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I purchased some new software on the internet and it will not let me download it because I am told that the download process is not compatible with Edge. It says bring up Internet Explorer but all I can do is bring up Edge. I would love to just get rid of edge but failing that, I need to be able to bring up IE. Any help?

Internet explorer is still available in your pc: just go to start and type internet explorer - it will come up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard