Why has Microsoft installed a Windows user account called postgres?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why has microsoft installed a windows user account called

I've been having a nightmare ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was trying to find my old printer properties window for my dell printer when windows 10 suggested a Dell app. To download it I had to log in or create a microsoft account. I did this, it changed my username so my downloaded files now don't save correctly and it's set up a windows 10 user account called "postgres" which I can't access as it needs a password. What the hell is going on?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why has microsoft installed a windows user account called

I've been having a nightmare ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was trying to find my old printer properties window for my dell printer when windows 10 suggested a Dell app. To download it I had to log in or create a microsoft account. I did this, it changed my username so my downloaded files now don't save correctly and it's set up a windows 10 user account called "postgres" which I can't access as it needs a password. What the hell is going on?

the account that you used to sign in to store to download the app, has it been used by you or someone else to create an account on pc?

You can remove the account in settings > accounts

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prakik90