Why does downloading stop when the computer is turned off accidentally?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why downloading stops when the computer is turn off accidently?

I dont know if this is the problem with the computer but whenever i have kept something to download and when the screen turns off the downloading stops.For example if am download a image or video on computer and suddenly the computer is shut down and when i unlock the computerthe download starts from the beggining.
Whats the issue,please do help me out.
Thanks

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: why downloading stops when the computer is turn off accidently?

Define "Screen turning off". By this do you mean the screen itself is set to turn off in power saver mode? Or is the setting to put the computer into Sleep or Hibernate mode actually what is happening. In the case of the former, the computer itself should still be running all processes even if it has turned off the screen (Screen Saver mode). Your downloads should continue uninterrupted in this mode. However, if the computer is actually going into a Sleep or Hibernate mode, then most processes are suspended, their states are saved to virtual memory on the hard drive, and the computer waits until it is awakened again before resuming the previously suspended tasks, including any downloads. Because the remote server wasn't told that the downloads were being suspended or paused, it can only start over from the beginning once it receives the incoming request from your computer again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac