SIM Carrier Change - Nokia Lumia 1320 (Plz help!)

CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, devs

I'm new here so I wonder whether it is ok to post in this forum...but...

My question is that whether I can change my carrier(?).
My phone, which is 1320, was bought in USA and I got as a gift from my friend. (great!). So whenever I turn the phone on, it views cricket->nokia->windows logo.

That was the intro and this is what I am facing.
I'm currently living in south Korea and tried to put my new sim card bought through Korean carrier(LG u+).
Then it says that i have to input a password to unlock it because it has been locked for specific carrier (guess it is cricket). And it says I have 10 times to try it.

Unfortunately I don't know the code and currently unavailable to call international calls to cricket to know the code. Also, I couldn't find any FAQs or forum in cricket homepage. (www.cricketwireless.com)

Is there any other ways to solve this problem?
Any help will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
CozyPlanes

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, devs

I'm new here so I wonder whether it is ok to post in this forum...but...

My question is that whether I can change my carrier(?).
My phone, which is 1320, was bought in USA and I got as a gift from my friend. (great!). So whenever I turn the phone on, it views cricket->nokia->windows logo.

That was the intro and this is what I am facing.
I'm currently living in south Korea and tried to put my new sim card bought through Korean carrier(LG u+).
Then it says that i have to input a password to unlock it because it has been locked for specific carrier (guess it is cricket). And it says I have 10 times to try it.

Unfortunately I don't know the code and currently unavailable to call international calls to cricket to know the code. Also, I couldn't find any FAQs or forum in cricket homepage. (www.cricketwireless.com)

Is there any other ways to solve this problem?
Any help will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
CozyPlanes

check here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/apps-and-services/device-unlock/customer/device-unlock.html

Try the email

CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but i cant accept the first one about the 70 dollar plan and in s.korea. i assume ther is no cricket store... Do you think that rhey will help if i email them to their military account...
Plz help...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Did your friend use the phone on Cricket? If so, you need to contact your friend and ask him to call Cricket and get the unlock code for you. If he/she didn't, then you're out of luck. Cricket will only unlock phones for a current account holder.

CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
He did and I asked him.
He said he will try, cuz he is super busy... In the USA.

Is there any ways through the internet, not intl calls to get an unlock code...

Anyways thanks for the quick reply!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, your friend is the only one who can do it for you, and the only way he can get it done is by calling them directly. They do not have an online unlocking service. Wish they did, because I also have a Cricket 1320 that I can't get unlocked. Ha ha
Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon