Sad smiley on my lumia 525 :( help me guys

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

At the start screen after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down. After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I can't even perform hard reset.Now the phone is not charging.I'm really scared a little bit. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume up,volume down,power button and then volume down. Tried several times. But in vain. Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
At the start screen after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down. After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I can't even perform hard reset.Now the phone is not charging.I'm really scared a little bit. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume up,volume down,power button and then volume down. Tried several times. But in vain. Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

download windows device recovery tool for your pc, install it and use it to restore your phone to factory settings

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daviicket