Can the desktop background color be changed when a picture doesn't fit?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I like to use my own pictures for my desktop background. I often select "fit" so the pictures can display properly, but that often leaves black space around the pictures. I can't use the other options because they stretch the pictures and either distort them make little more that corners of the pictures visible. Since I can't fill the screen with the pictures, I would like to change the color of the background from black to the same custom color I use as my accent color. Can this be done? Please advise. Thank you.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can change your background color to your liking. You didn't list what device or what OS you're using, but find the personalization settings and change the background color there.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Also you could do an image search and possibly find a version adapted to your screen resolution and aspect ratio.
I hate wallpapers reposting websites and stuff like that, as they usually lack the original source and are limited to few to no options. Also they usually lighthearthedly violate copyrights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amon manengureni