Why is FB Messenger disappearing when switching from portrait to landscape and back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

While I enter in to messenger normally, if i go into landscape view, half of it disappears (like, the "window" was moved and half of it is offscreen). Changing back to portrait makes it disappear even more. Eventually, if I do it 3 to 4 times, I will be left with a black screen and I have to, not just exit, but close the program and open it again to bring it to the centre of the screen so I can use it. All apps are up to date... Has anyone experienced this behaviour? WP8.1 was stable as a rock, but this...

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Are you running Messenger (BETA) or non-beta version? Which build are you running? Did you check if you've updated the app? I am running BETA version on latest insider fast version and it scales normally. Anyways, if your app is up to date try to make a soft reset and if that doesn't work you could also try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
While I enter in to messenger normally, if i go into landscape view, half of it disappears (like, the "window" was moved and half of it is offscreen). Changing back to portrait makes it disappear even more. Eventually, if I do it 3 to 4 times, I will be left with a black screen and I have to, not just exit, but close the program and open it again to bring it to the centre of the screen so I can use it. All apps are up to date... Has anyone experienced this behaviour? WP8.1 was stable as a rock, but this...

this is for pc or phone? Have you checked for app updates? And emailing the developer?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinealguardians