I cant get internet with my nokia lumia 1520

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have straight talk on my Nokia lumia 1520. i've searched all over for a reason that i'm not getting internet on my phone. i can receive group texts, pictures in text, and use messaging apps like kik and fb messenger. but that's all i can use. i cant use my internet browser unless im in WiFi, i cant use my Facebook app, cant play any games that require internet to start. whats going on with my phone?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have straight talk on my Nokia lumia 1520. i've searched all over for a reason that i'm not getting internet on my phone. i can receive group texts, pictures in text, and use messaging apps like kik and fb messenger. but that's all i can use. i cant use my internet browser unless im in WiFi, i cant use my Facebook app, cant play any games that require internet to start. whats going on with my phone?

That sounds really frustrating. Sorry to hear it. Given that you are able to receive MMS, i would guess that you are in fact getting some data, it may just be slow.

The first step would probably be to try a soft reset to see if that helps restore proper data connectivity.

The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation. You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

Maybe give that a try and report back?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

cajoetm

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
i just made an account. so yeah i soft reset it and it only scanned my sd card for errors. no difference in internet. still the same problem. had this problem as long as i had this phone. october 2014.
any other tips? maybe throw out 10 and ill try them all? already fiddled with apn settings with no result

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i just made an account. so yeah i soft reset it and it only scanned my sd card for errors. no difference in internet. still the same problem. had this problem as long as i had this phone. october 2014.
any other tips? maybe throw out 10 and ill try them all? already fiddled with apn settings with no result

when your cellular data is on, what connection speed does it show? 2G, 3G, 4G or LTE? It usually shows this at the top
You could also consider getting a new SIM card to replace the old one. Get one that is 4G capable
Check connection speeds in different areas
Can you download apps? Try getting UC browser and see if you can browse using that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720