Lightroom on Surface 3

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

First post, so please go easy with me.

Looked through threads about using Surface 3 (non-Pro ver) for occasional, on the go, lightroom editing/culling, but not found anything specific to using smart preview catalogues (mostly threads are focused on raw image editing).

Looking at getting the Surface 3 (2GB or 4GB ver) for occasional in-the field light editing of RAW files (in lightroom only to show couples a preview of around 20 images after the wedding breakfast) and some culling / adjustments of lightroom catalogues of images from my main PC (exporting catalogue smart previews to be reimported later).

Looked at Surface 3 because of the build quality, screen, portability and ability to "run" a full version of lightroom...budget also factored as I can get one for ?350 with keyboard.

Anyone have experince of using lightroom catalogue previews on the 2Gb/4GB version? or any alternatives available?

Currently use the Lightroom Mobile on the iPad Air but only having a 16GB version I find it limiting on the number of images I can sync with it to cull and slow for editing raw images.

Thanks in advance

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Only suggestion I can make is get the 4GB version as the added RAM will help a lot

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmahrsh137