How can I stop Cortana from popping up on my screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It seems to happen when I'm scrolling my touchpad with two fingers. Cortana randomly pops up at the lower left of my screen and is very intrusive. Other posters have recommended changing the three-finger swipe setting on my touchpad, but I do not have that setting. So far the only way I can stop Cortana from coming up randomly (and often) is to disable it altogether, which seems extreme, but I've gotten this far in life without Cortana and I'm sure I'll survive. If there are any other suggestions, I'm open.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It seems to happen when I'm scrolling my touchpad with two fingers. Cortana randomly pops up at the lower left of my screen and is very intrusive. Other posters have recommended changing the three-finger swipe setting on my touchpad, but I do not have that setting. So far the only way I can stop Cortana from coming up randomly (and often) is to disable it altogether, which seems extreme, but I've gotten this far in life without Cortana and I'm sure I'll survive. If there are any other suggestions, I'm open.

in next weeks update the settings for touchpad will show which action has been assigned for Cortana - So you can wait for the Anniversary update, get the settings and change

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robert2001b