Long distance file transfer

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I transfer files to mates at the same time located far from one another. Any suggestion for long distance file transfers like this? The files are quite large and some complain when they download the file. So a faster solution would be awesome!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I transfer files to mates at the same time located far from one another. Any suggestion for long distance file transfers like this? The files are quite large and some complain when they download the file. So a faster solution would be awesome!

if you share the same local network such as in a office complex, you can use shared folders
If not in the same network but physically far away, an online storage service should do - but you don't want to use up data in downloading
Flash drives or external storage drives is another option -but that doesn't become viable if the travelling distance is too large

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

H3ll0W0r1d

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
if you share the same local network such as in a office complex, you can use shared folders
If not in the same network but physically far away, an online storage service should do - but you don't want to use up data in downloading
Flash drives or external storage drives is another option -but that doesn't become viable if the travelling distance is too large

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Yes, we're all physically far away so different networks and mailing hard drives, etc seems unlikely. Just looking for some simple file transfer options that will also provide high speed file transfers. I don't want to have to wait hours to download file anymore :angry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we're all physically far away so different networks and mailing hard drives, etc seems unlikely. Just looking for some simple file transfer options that will also provide high speed file transfers. I don't want to have to wait hours to download file anymore :angry:

file transfers over long distances are almost always via internet - so your isp speed determines how fast you can download and upload files. If you're using onedrive, it usually uses the maximum speed that your isp can give.

Zebra2384

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Cloud storage and sharing such as Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, are great because they're mostly free but they suffer from all the users sharing files on the servers. In order to avoid one user's file's slowing down everyone else, these services will limit you and you'll notice it quickly if you start moving around large files, which is what you appear to be doing.

If you're looking for free options, I'd take a look at WebRTC which would provide you with secure transfers and faster speeds that won't be limited in the way like the previously mentioned free services.

Also, if you have money to spend and need something more professional or software that can be written off as business expense you could try Ipswitch or Innorix large file transfer solutions. The software they provide would do what you need and then some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz