Lumia 950 XL - Mobile Hotspot not transmitting via WiFi

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have been running Windows 10 Mobile on the latest Production Release, non-Insider, and my Mobile Hotspot won't work over WiFi. I can still use it over Bluetooth but it is slow compared to WiFi.
I am using AT&T with 5 GB of data with my Lumia 950 XL. I was able to use the Mobile Hotspot with my Lumia 1520 and 830 without any problems.
I did try changing the APN as recommended by a user here who spoke with AT&T customer service but that didn't work at all.
I appreciate the help and input.
Thank you.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T with a 950 XL so I can say it does work. I did have some issues with some Production Release versions. I think it was because of the options to enable the PC to enable the hotspot. Turn that off and it should work.

The Roger Wilco

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Just had this issue, AT&T was like 'omg all the provisioning on our end is correct!!'
I think the difference is, GoPhone accounts vs Contractual accounts.
I hope they get taken to court for this crap.

It's a registry setting in addition to another 'EntitlementRequired'. (how effin greedy is that variable)

reddit com/r/windowsphone/comments/4wo1qb/enable_mobile_hotspot_wifi_tethering_on_lumia/

Interop Tools for Windows 10 Mobile lets you edit your registry for some hacking fun | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon