Fn+Up brightness control not working after updating to W10 build 14393.10. Brightness is at zero.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
After updating to W10 insider fast ring build 14393.10 on my Lenovo G580 notebook, the Fn+Up brightness control key combination has stopped working. To check if Fn+Down was working, I pressed them and the brightness went down to "0" and now the screen is always black both while plugged-in and unplugged. Hence, I'm not able to increase the brightness anymore.

FYI, the "Up" arrow button works normally but the combination "Fn+Up" doesn't work while "Fn+Down" does.

Safe Mode doesn't allow adjustment of brightness since it cannot load the display driver.

I tried installing a third-party brightness control software while in Safe Mode but then realized it won't work until I log in to my account, in normal mode, which I cannot do since the brightness is at zero.

Please help me asap!

PS:- I have managed to increase the brightness for now but still the combination isn't working. Fn+Left arrow key combination also not working for volume down while Fn+Right arrow for volume up is working.

Last edited:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
you can change brightness settings from settings itself instead of using the keys - just to make things easier
As I had said, the screen is black with zero brightness which is why I cannot log in to my account and hence cannot access any settings. And in Safe Mode you can't even adjust the brightness through Control Panel or anywhere else.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any additional Lenovo software suite that controls it? May be that might need a reinstall? Also check your BIOS to see if the Fn key has been accidently disabled, ideally it should not be due to the upgrade.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any additional Lenovo software suite that controls it? May be that might need a reinstall? Also check your BIOS to see if the Fn key has been accidently disabled, ideally it should not be due to the upgrade.
Other than Lenovo EasyCamera (the ffc driver), no Lenovo software is installed. Also I did reset the BIOS which, by the way, has no option for enabling/disabling hotkeys.

Btw, the problem has, for now, been solved, I don't know how. I have also posted this problem on Lenovo's support site. Will see if they have any solution if it arises in future.

Thanks for your both's help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte