Does anyone have the mute sound problem W10 Ann. Update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

From within the taskbar I can mute sound or restore it. But when I click the sound icon and mute the sound, there is no cross in the sound icon so I can't visually see that sound is muted. Only when I go back to the sound bar window I can see that the speaker is muted. Before there was immediately an icon that said that sound was muted, also in the system tray.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
try a restart and see if the problem goes away

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I did. But the problem remains. The sound icon in the system tray is indicating that sound is muted. But when I unmute, the cross doesn't go away and the tooltip says sound is muted although sound is on. In the sound window (slider) the icon only changes when I close and reopen the window.

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
When I disabled the sound devices and enable them again, the problem is solved for a short time. After that, it returns. I can disable and enable sound via the soundbar on the taskbar. But the sound icon in the system tray doesn?t change at all. Icons in the soundbar only change when I close the soundbar and open it again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I disabled the sound devices and enable them again, the problem is solved for a short time. After that, it returns. I can disable and enable sound via the soundbar on the taskbar. But the sound icon in the system tray doesn?t change at all. Icons in the soundbar only change when I close the soundbar and open it again.

can you try uninstalling the sound drivers in device manager and then letting it install them again by itself? Make sure internet is on for this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes