Why does my Lumia 950 XL suddenly restarts so often nowadays?

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you running multiple apps in the background? Does it freeze and then restart? If so it could be the lack of ram space or an OS glitch also if you recently installed a new app uninstall it to see if your restarts stop.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time the only app running in the background are Facebook Beta and/or Messenger Beta. And no, it doesn't freeze first. It just blacks out and I either have to long press the power button or it restarts on its own. But hanks for the advice!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time the only app running in the background are Facebook Beta and/or Messenger Beta. And no, it doesn't freeze first. It just blacks out and I either have to long press the power button or it restarts on its own. But hanks for the advice!

I'm on the latest insider update.

so disable them and test. I would also suggest disable cellular if not in use and test

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I would also take it a step further and see if they're on the SD card, if they are, move them to the main storage and test that too. It could be your Micro SD card is failing.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Update: So I have now stopped some of my apps from running in the background. I also checked if I have apps on my SD card (but there were none). Now, it seems my phone keeps on restarting after it has reached the 20% mark on the battery life. The restart process is like a loop until the battery level hits 0% and I have to charge it so it can be usable again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Update: So I have now stopped some of my apps from running in the background. I also checked if I have apps on my SD card (but there were none). Now, it seems my phone keeps on restarting after it has reached the 20% mark on the battery life. The restart process is like a loop until the battery level hits 0% and I have to charge it so it can be usable again.

another user found out that the battery wasn't firmly fixed in, they had to wedge the battery so that the contact pins could firmly hold.
Or it could be failing battery which a warranty could solve?

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello again! Gonna revive this thread because I just received my phone back from the service center. Apparently, they had to factory reset it along with replacing the bloated battery.

Anyways, would it be okay to install the double-tap-to-wake firmware update on my handset? I've read from other threads that they suspect this firmware update to be the cause of some bloated battery cases on other users (though I have some doubts on this because the problem started already months after the firmware update).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello again! Gonna revive this thread because I just received my phone back from the service center. Apparently, they had to factory reset it along with replacing the bloated battery.

Anyways, would it be okay to install the double-tap-to-wake firmware update on my handset? I've read from other threads that they suspect this firmware update to be the cause of some bloated battery cases on other users (though I have some doubts on this because the problem started already months after the firmware update).

it's okay to install the firmware, I doubt that it would cause the battery to severely fail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077