Prevent Windows 10 Phone from Syncing Outlook Data to the Cloud

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Will soon get a new Win Phone.

Don't want my Outlook data synced to the cloud.

Want only local sync between phone & my PC.

Years back, when Microsoft started to require Sync-to-the-Cloud-by-Default for Outlook on PC & Winphone some folks realized a workaround.

"If I go to settings->email+accounts and change the server to 127.0.0.1 (local host) contacts etc. aren't synced, and stored on the handset. "
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/279833-how-stop-automatic-syncing-contacts-calendar-notes.html#post2502489

Is this still true? What I want to do is sync the data in my PC Outlook with ONLY the phone. So that, my Outlook information isn't in the cloud, or passed to the cloud. Move the data from my PC to the phone via a plain old USB cable. Seems like this strategy above says that's possible?

Thanks!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
when you say outlook data, do you mean emails and contacts and calendar info? Or just something else? Is there any reason you want to do it this way?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky