Is it normal that the store is completely broken?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have like 41 app updates and the store flat out refuses to download any of them. Yes I'm on wifi. This has been going on for weeks.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1520, build 15053.

Sign back into the Windows Insider app, get into the Release Preview ring, and update your phone to the latest build (Anniversary Update) then try again.

You probably hard reset, and forgot to reinitialize WI, and that's why the store doesn't act right, you're on an old version of it, unable to get the latest one without updating your phone.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Sign back into the Windows Insider app, get into the Release Preview ring, and update your phone to the latest build (Anniversary Update) then try again.

You probably hard reset, and forgot to reinitialize WI, and that's why the store doesn't act right, you're on an old version of it, unable to get the latest one without updating your phone.

I just updated to the latest build (fast ring). When I try to update the store app I get this error code: 0x80246016.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
on my surface pro 4 with AU update (clean install) it keeps showing app updates for apps that are already up to date. even if download the updates in the store, after a while it will show updates for the same apps again.. >_<

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to the latest build (fast ring). When I try to update the store app I get this error code: 0x80246016.

This is typically a storage (space) issue, but can also be a result of corruption on an SD card, etc. Check where you're installing, make sure you have plenty of space, maybe switch to the internal storage or SD, vice-versa.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is typically a storage (space) issue, but can also be a result of corruption on an SD card, etc. Check where you're installing, make sure you have plenty of space, maybe switch to the internal storage or SD, vice-versa.

I have plenty of free space, 9GB internal and 15GB on the sd. New apps were set to install to the internal memory, I tried switching this around but nothing changed.

Btw this error code I only get for the store app. When I try to update Whatsapp I get this one: 0x80070005

And when I try to update Outlook Mail and Outlook Calender I get this one: 0x80246016

Update: I just downloaded a game... So I can download new stuff but I can't update anything...

Last edited:

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the opposite issue. I can update existing apps, but cant download new apps. I'm trying a rest now. Very frustrating.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
on my surface pro 4 with AU update (clean install) it keeps showing app updates for apps that are already up to date. even if download the updates in the store, after a while it will show updates for the same apps again.. >_<

store is different on pc/laptop to phone, look on forums for store issues there is plenty, I think it involves powershell

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
it fixed it self. guess it was a backend thing

May very well be a back end change due to the AU.

It would have been helpful if Microsoft sent out a push notification via the store app for such changes. Then again given the number of instances where there have been store issues that may come back and bite them on the rear end - catch22.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
May very well be a back end change due to the AU.

It would have been helpful if Microsoft sent out a push notification via the store app for such changes. Then again given the number of instances where there have been store issues that may come back and bite them on the rear end - catch22.

And the updates are showing again.. how annoying..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb