my search queries uses E11 instead of edge

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I noticed that my search queries no longer uses microsoft edge browser but instead internet explorer 11. please what should i do?
my computer is a low end with 4g ram, 500hdd, intel pentium lenovo 11i-by

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Open default program/apps settings and change your web browser to edge. If that doesnt fix it press reset at the bottom of the defaults page, and re-set any default program preferences you have.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that my search queries no longer uses microsoft edge browser but instead internet explorer 11. please what should i do?
my computer is a low end with 4g ram, 500hdd, intel pentium lenovo 11i-by

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Is edge working? can you open it and browse?

uc365

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, only if I use the edge browser directly but it still uses E11 when I query in searches with the search box on the taskbar.
I think it started after I edited my notebook in Cortana.
I would also like to know why Mozilla Firefox browser and google chrome have become slow and sometimes unresponsive ever since the anniversary update. Cortana is also unable to detect music even after I had setup my microphone to enjoy the service.

i will be most grateful if you guys can help me solve these problems.... Cheers!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, only if I use the edge browser directly but it still uses E11 when I query in searches with the search box on the taskbar.
I think it started after I edited my notebook in Cortana.
I would also like to know why Mozilla Firefox browser and google chrome have become slow and sometimes unresponsive ever since the anniversary update. Cortana is also unable to detect music even after I had setup my microphone to enjoy the service.

i will be most grateful if you guys can help me solve these problems.... Cheers!!!

check that the default app for websites is still edge - in settings > system >default apps

Can you reinstall the browsers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99