Why does the time on my 640 XL advance forward by 15 minutes when I change time zones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I travel to Colorado from Texas frequently. The last three times I have made the trip, at some point when I change times zones, my 640XL displays a time that is 15 minutes faster than actual time. When this happens, it also will not automatically check emails so that I have to do it manually. The only solution I have found so far is to completely reset the phone and start over as if it is a new phone, uploading everything manually. This takes me a day. Anyone else experience this problem? Other solutions would be appreciated!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
leave the time update to manual and then change back to automatic
The time update is usually done by the carrier so if the carrier has issues....

Sometimes after soft resetting my device, the phone would show a time difference of 6 hours which was ridiculous

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

bccorski

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 640 just started doing the same thing the other weekend when I went to New Mexico from Colorado, and I didn't even change time zones. Every time I try to go back to "set date and time automatically" in the settings it changes the time to 15 minutes ahead of real time again. A soft reset didn't help. Anybody else have any ideas?
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi