VIbrate is Off but Phone Still Vibrating When in Messaging App

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have my Lumia 1520 (Denim, Windows 10) phone set to silent and turn vibrate off every day I'm at work and it works brilliantly except for one area: If I'm in the messaging app (Microsoft's app, not Facebook's) or viewing someone's text, the phone vibrates on every new message. If I'm not actively in the app or lock the phone, this will not occur. I've tried searching for a setting for this and for online help articles and can't find anything.

Is there actually a way to stop this or am I simply stuck locking my phone every time and/or constantly closing and reopening the message app?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you try this? settings > system > notifications > turn off vibrate option

(just wondering)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I was so excited when I saw this as I had over looked these settings. Alas, the stupid thing still vibrates when I receive a message. For every great new feature Windows 10 brought, I feel like there's another "feature" (aka glitch/oversight) that makes me dislike it. Anyone have any other ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was so excited when I saw this as I had over looked these settings. Alas, the stupid thing still vibrates when I receive a message. For every great new feature Windows 10 brought, I feel like there's another "feature" (aka glitch/oversight) that makes me dislike it. Anyone have any other ideas?

you switched off vibrate option for messaging app? In notifications

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I believe I did. Here are my sound setting over top of the messaging app's settings. I've always had vibrate off and I just switched the messaging apps "vibrate if supported" off as this is the only setting outside of sound settings that explicitly mentions vibration

wp_ss_20160815_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469