Need help with gui error installing printer w/Win 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My all-in-one printer stopped working after installing Windows 10 so I uninstalled the printer thinking reinstalling it might help. Now when trying to reinstall with the installation drivers I am getting a "gui has stopped working" error. According to the dell website my printer is compatible with Windows 10. I'm a novice.

coni58

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm signed up now so I'm the guest in the question.
Yes the printer is a Dell all-in-one inject V525w. Don't know if this is relevant, but I just looked at "the about" on my desktop and it's a Dell XPS 8500, 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor. It originally had Windows 7.

coni58

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Okay, after spending the last 4+ hours on the phone with Microsoft support level 1 and 2, it turns out that while my V525w printer is compatible with Windows 10 my XPS 8500 desktop is not. It never occurred to me to even check that. So I guess I'm just out of luck with this. *sigh*

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay, after spending the last 4+ hours on the phone with Microsoft support level 1 and 2, it turns out that while my V525w printer is compatible with Windows 10 my XPS 8500 desktop is not. It never occurred to me to even check that. So I guess I'm just out of luck with this. *sigh*

so the pc isn't compatible with the printer?

coni58

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Please excuse my taking so long to respond Chintan, I didn't think anyone would be responding after my last post.

No, according to Dell my pc isn't compatible with Windows 10.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Please excuse my taking so long to respond Chintan, I didn't think anyone would be responding after my last post.

No, according to Dell my pc isn't compatible with Windows 10.

that's okay, I just keep checking the forums for new posts.

So you could try downgrading your pc if you don't mind the hassle

coni58

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't sure how to go about downgrading so waited until my nephew could help me with it. He was finally able to come by tonight and informed me that is no longer an option since it's been more than 10 days since I upgraded to Windows 10. However, he had brought along an extra fax machine he isn't using anymore just in case and managed to get it working with my computer. So good to go again. Thank you for trying to help me out though, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Have a great night! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077