usb ports stopped working after AU

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after the windows 10 anniversary update all my usb ports have stopped working i still get a sound to say i have plugged it in, but then when i try to send something to it it says insert a disk? help please.
my computer is a twelve month old dell with loads of memory.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
after the windows 10 anniversary update all my usb ports have stopped working i still get a sound to say i have plugged it in, but then when i try to send something to it it says insert a disk? help please.
my computer is a twelve month old dell with loads of memory.

do a restart and check again
check for any further OS updates
Check in device manager to see if there are any issues with the drivers

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
done all those things suggested and still can't mak a usb storage device work, it says it is there but seems to think it is a disk?

Same thing happened on my laptop.Problem was solved partially after two days without me doing anything.
This PC showed 'Removable Drive ' during the problem ,after it got partially solved it showed USB Drive (E:).
Maybe some drivers installed later.

Edit : Also had to go to settings > Devices > Choose autoplay defaults > Ask me every time/open folder to view files.

However , 'This PC 'shows a different drive (D) when I use a usb storage device and clicking the USB Drive E: says insert a disk.
Did the Power Management option given in the link,but no change.
http://windowsreport.com/usb-not-working-windows-10/

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss