Why my android Tablet or orher some devices not shown in windows explorer to safely remove?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When i connect flash drives to usb i can see it on windows explore and i can remove it safely. But when i connect my android tab or other smart phones the windows explor disappear fron task bar and hence i have to remove these forcefully. Please help me in this regard. Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost are you using windows 10?
If so which version?
Are you running an insider build or not?

The reason why I asked if you are running windows 10, after the last cumulative update two of my usb ports no longer send any data as nothing is recognized - the ports are turned on and still provide power to peripherals + able to recharge my L930.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When i connect flash drives to usb i can see it on windows explore and i can remove it safely. But when i connect my android tab or other smart phones the windows explor disappear fron task bar and hence i have to remove these forcefully. Please help me in this regard. Thanks

some devices don't have or need safely remove option hence you can just remove them.

If for the android devices, you use the mass storage option, does the option to remove safely appear?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs