Lumia 636 App action buttons hidden after Win 10 update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 636 running Windows 10 production. This morning it updated to 14393.67. After reboot, the bottom action buttons in Outlook Mail, Calendar, Camera and other Microsoft apps are hidden behind the navigation bar. Also, when I open the hamburger menu in Outlook mail, there is a white bar that appears at the top of the screen pushing the folder list down, hiding some folders behind the navigation bar. This makes it difficult to reply to messages and do other actions.

The 636 has no option to hide the nav bar, and I've never heard of being able to roll back a production release to an earlier version.

If anyone can give me any suggestions, short of restoring to 8.1, I'd be grateful.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
you've tried checking for app updates?
And doing a soft reset?
Can you see the action buttons in landscape mode?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be systemic, affecting pretty much all apps which anchor content (such as button bars) to the bottom of the screen. The button bar is partially or fully covered (depending on how tall the button bar is) by the OS's on-screen nav bar.

It even affects built-in software such as the Settings app: If I go to Settings->Personalization->Start, and scroll down to the very bottom, the slider associated with the "Show More Tiles" item is partially hidden by the nav bar.

I'm personally seeing this on my Acer Liquid M330 (officially supported in Windows 10; shipped with it out of the box) after installing the Anniversary Update. It's also happening on my Lumia 635 (unexpectedly, it automatically received the TH2->RS1 upgrade even though it only has 512 MB RAM).

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Update: In Lansdcape mode, the apps' button bars are visible (unless the app is set up to block landscape mode). However, in that case text on the extreme right of the screen is cut off by the nav bar.

For example, in the Messaging app: The Conversations preview cuts off each thread's date, along with the right-most few characters of the preview text.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Update: In Lansdcape mode, the apps' button bars are visible (unless the app is set up to block landscape mode). However, in that case text on the extreme right of the screen is cut off by the nav bar.

For example, in the Messaging app: The Conversations preview cuts off each thread's date, along with the right-most few characters of the preview text.

This could be because of the different aspect ratio for your phone - seen a lot of these issues with the 63x models

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte