Unable to Connect WIFI if internet is not available

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .

After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .

Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?

Is it bug or feature of windows ?

I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

Aiver

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .

After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .

not compulsory

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

most of the apps that claim to send files via wifi without using data don't actually work. So try different apps

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

krunalk529

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Issue does not seem to be in file sharing apps.
When i try to connect hotspot which dont have data enabled, my phone gives me message like "no internet access". It doesnot even show symbol of wifi being connected in notification bar.

Any Suggestions ?

krunalk529

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I think you've found your solution. Wifi can't connect to the hotspot if there is no data.What would the point be of having a hotspot with no data?
There is still use of hotspot when data is not available.
e.g :
you need to share file through any file sharing app. but you dont want to share your data. In this case you will need to connect to hotsopt for file sharing.
Isn't is correct ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills