Win10 Anniversary: Battery works great, indicator reads incorrect

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Battery charges fully as normal yet the indicator stops at 80%. Unplugging and using the battery power the indicator stays at 80% for a long period of time until the battery gets below the 80% mark then the indicator functions as normal.

Restarting the tablet the indicator boots to show 100% yet doesn't change until battery power gets to 80%.

Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
One of my tablets does exactly the same thing. So far I haven't been able to find a fix. I might do a reinstall but I haven't had the time. I hate to have to reinstall just for this issue as everything else works fine.

RowdyRocket

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I also have this issue and have tried everything I can think of, uninstalled and reinstalled everything in device manager relating to power and battery but no luck, I'm stumped. Not wanting to do a complete system reinstall only to have it happen again. Seems to be a windows issue but haven't found many people complaining about it. This is the first forum post I've found relating to it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Battery charges fully as normal yet the indicator stops at 80%. Unplugging and using the battery power the indicator stays at 80% for a long period of time until the battery gets below the 80% mark then the indicator functions as normal.

Restarting the tablet the indicator boots to show 100% yet doesn't change until battery power gets to 80%.

Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

One of my tablets does exactly the same thing. So far I haven't been able to find a fix. I might do a reinstall but I haven't had the time. I hate to have to reinstall just for this issue as everything else works fine.

I also have this issue and have tried everything I can think of, uninstalled and reinstalled everything in device manager relating to power and battery but no luck, I'm stumped. Not wanting to do a complete system reinstall only to have it happen again. Seems to be a windows issue but haven't found many people complaining about it. This is the first forum post I've found relating to it.

so all of you have tablets which don't show any battery percentages above 80%? Can you all share the tablet models and OS versions?

RowdyRocket

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine is a Nextbook Flexx 11 with the latest version of Windows 10 (anniversary) battery shows exactly 80% at full charge just as the top post says. It's been doing it for several months even before the anniversary update.

RowdyRocket

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Chintan! It did return some useful information.

Installed batteries
Information about each currently installed battery
BATTERY 1
NAME SR Real Battery
MANUFACTURER Intel SR 1
SERIAL NUMBER 123456789
CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 33,300 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 42,417 mWh
CYCLE COUNT -

Why would the design capacity be lower than the full charge capacity?

The design capacity is 80% of the full charge which is the battery indicator reading at full charge.

Also why would it read 100% after reboot?

And then retain a 100% reading until it drops below 80%?

For example I've been using it for two hours now and it still says 100%

Thanks again for all your help!

RowdyRocket

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Checked my actual hardware. My batteries are definitely 33,300 mWh (3.7v x 4500mAh x 2).

Any clue why Full Charge Capacity would be set so high or how I can change it?

Anyone else having this issue?

RowdyRocket

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if was the last update or what, it just started working again.

Here's my battery report now...

Installed batteries
Information about each currently installed battery

BATTERY 1
NAME
SR Real Battery
MANUFACTURER
Intel SR 1
SERIAL NUMBER
CHEMISTRY
LION
DESIGN CAPACITY