Problems after W10M Anniversary update - Can not go into Settings and Edge missing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After updating my Lumia 830 with the W10M Anniversary Update (17.08.2016) my Settings stopped working. Seems like the app is not installed. When clicked it leads me to the the shop. Additionally MS Edge is crushing when started.

Any ideas what can be done?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After updating my Lumia 830 with the W10M Anniversary Update (17.08.2016) my Settings stopped working. Seems like the app is not installed. When clicked it leads me to the the shop. Additionally MS Edge is crushing when started.

Any ideas what can be done?

try a soft reset: Soft Reset is holding the Volume Down & Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). This rebbots the phone with a cleared out RAM and Cache. No data is lost. It is good for when the phone freezes or you experience a glitch of some sort.

Then check for app updates in store

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Done that... No change. Updates from the store do not install. Guess need to go back to 8.1 and install W10M again.... :-(

you can try doing a factory reset

Factory Reset is Done through Settings > About > Reset your phone (8 & 8.1) or Settings > System > About > Reset your phone (W10M).
In case of Hard Reset & Factory Reset the phone goes back to the exact version you were running when you performed the reset.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That's where all the problems start. I cannot launch Settings. Trying that brings me to the Shop, where of course i cannot download the integral part of the OS.

then you will have to use a pc and windows device recovery tool to reinstall the original OS and then start the upgrade process again - you might want to do this when you have a lot of time and good internet - it can take long

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo