?this version of whatsapp has expired.please go to the windows phone store and update it.?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

MANY TIMES I OPEN MY WHATS APP THE MESSAGE APPEARS ?. BUT WHEN I GET TO WINDOWS PHONE STORE NO UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR WHATSAPP. AND I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS WHATSAPP. PLEASE GUIDE. There is no update option at the store for my already installed whatsapp. Just view whatsapp option appears and when i tap view i am again asked to update whatsapp. This is crazy.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
1. Go to Settings> Time & Language> Date and time> Turn on ' set date and time automatically'.

2.Update your phone time by opening any website.
eg. Microsoft.com, facebook.com etc.
3. Now your time will sync.
4. After sync of your phone time.WhatsApp will run without warning.
#Don't forget to check your WhatsApp update from Store. 2.16.172 is the latest version of WhatsApp till now.

.--------.
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
MANY TIMES I OPEN MY WHATS APP THE MESSAGE APPEARS –. BUT WHEN I GET TO WINDOWS PHONE STORE NO UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR WHATSAPP. AND I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS WHATSAPP. PLEASE GUIDE. There is no update option at the store for my already installed whatsapp. Just view whatsapp option appears and when i tap view i am again asked to update whatsapp. This is crazy.

what phone and OS version do you have?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Reinstall your WhatsApp. Unfortunately that seems to be the only solution. If you have good internet connection you might be able to restore your (old) conversations.

This happened to me in airport when I changed sim card. Luckily they had good Wi-Fi and data was restored. But when I switched SIM later again because of crappy internet I lost 3 years of conversation

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
MANY TIMES I OPEN MY WHATS APP THE MESSAGE APPEARS –. BUT WHEN I GET TO WINDOWS PHONE STORE NO UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR WHATSAPP. AND I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS WHATSAPP. PLEASE GUIDE. There is no update option at the store for my already installed whatsapp. Just view whatsapp option appears and when i tap view i am again asked to update whatsapp. This is crazy.

I have the same problem, and tried using your method but I still cannot open my Whatsapp.
My date and time are correct.

is your phone having Windows phone 7 or 7.8? A version lower than 8?

Manas sasidharan

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm using Lumia 720 and had the same issue days back.I don't know this will works smooth for everyone but worked perfectly for me.Do this
Make sure you are connected to the internet.No battery saver turned on,WhatsApp can run in background

Change clock to one or two years back so that WhatsApp shows the change clock notification on opening
Wait for a while
If this works you should be receiving some messages at this point.(vibration nd sound may be)
Without closing the app make your clock settings correct- slowly.(Just because I did that way,month by month and couldn't check whether sudden date correcting works)
Hope your WhatsApp is back as the same
(lets hope it will)

Cheers

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm using Lumia 720 and had the same issue days back.I don't know this will works smooth for everyone but worked perfectly for me.Do this
Make sure you are connected to the internet.No battery saver turned on,WhatsApp can run in background

Change clock to one or two years back so that WhatsApp shows the change clock notification on opening
Wait for a while
If this works you should be receiving some messages at this point.(vibration nd sound may be)
Without closing the app make your clock settings correct- slowly.(Just because I did that way,month by month and couldn't check whether sudden date correcting works)
Hope your WhatsApp is back as the same
(lets hope it will)

Cheers

what OS version is your phone on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi