Using a lumia 1520. Considering an upgrade but unsure of the state of windows 10 mobile.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My trusty Nokia Lumia 1520 has served me well since launch. But now, with a cracked screen and a dying battery I am in need of an upgrade. I see prices of the Lumia 950 xl dropping and I am wondering if the OS is still viable? And even if it is, would be be best to get this model or an alternative? Or even wait for the fabled Surface Phone?

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
At the prices they are at for now, they are a great deal. The big thing for me has been fixed because MS has made most of their core apps available for Android.

I think that Windows for phones is going to be niche, like BlackBerry.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My trusty Nokia Lumia 1520 has served me well since launch. But now, with a cracked screen and a dying battery I am in need of an upgrade. I see prices of the Lumia 950 xl dropping and I am wondering if the OS is still viable? And even if it is, would be be best to get this model or an alternative? Or even wait for the fabled Surface Phone?

the 950xl is good and so is the 950. It really depends on your use case. If you already were using windows 10 mobile on your 1520, then the 950 will feel like a faster and better phone for your needs

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs