Not enough internal memory to download updates

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone wanted to downlaod updates to its 8GB internal memory, so I bought a 16GB expansion card. Transferred over all the apps i could do, bank ,facebook, etc.

However I got an update yesterday, and it could not install it as it said I do not have enough internal memory, so went into the memory and tried to move the apps, however as they are ALL Microsoft apps it won't let me move or uninstall any of them! So I cleared all my photos and maps, but still no joy. The apps which are taking up all the space are Microsoft apps, like x box!! I don't want this but cannot uninstall or move it.

Is there a larger internal memory I can get? or is there away to remove these annoying apps (x box) and free up some space?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My phone wanted to downlaod updates to its 8GB internal memory, so I bought a 16GB expansion card. Transferred over all the apps i could do, bank ,facebook, etc.

However I got an update yesterday, and it could not install it as it said I do not have enough internal memory, so went into the memory and tried to move the apps, however as they are ALL Microsoft apps it won't let me move or uninstall any of them! So I cleared all my photos and maps, but still no joy. The apps which are taking up all the space are Microsoft apps, like x box!! I don't want this but cannot uninstall or move it.

Is there a larger internal memory I can get? or is there away to remove these annoying apps (x box) and free up some space?

which phone model do you have?
Can you check in storage sense for the storage used breakdown?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue to this. I'm in technical preview on release preview ring. Using a Lumia 640XL, have moved or deleted as many apps as possible and now have around 6GB used out of 7.28GB, but phone update says it temporarily needs 1.15GB to download update. :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue to this. I'm in technical preview on release preview ring. Using a Lumia 640XL, have moved or deleted as many apps as possible and now have around 6GB used out of 7.28GB, but phone update says it temporarily needs 1.15GB to download update. :(

what's the storage breakdown? Is system showing a high usage above 4GB?
Or any app using more than 1GB of space?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crystalrestoreoffer