No notifications and apps not appearing in notifications + actions- Nokia Lumia 920 windows 8.1

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A few apps, chiefly textnow and kik, suddenly stopped sending me push notifications, it does not appear on the tile and doesn't inform me until I've opened the app.

I uninstalled and reinstalled them both twice, neither reappeared in the Notifications + Actions section in Settings with messages being sent to them.

I soft resetted, 3 times then did a factory reset twice, first with back-up, the second time with clean slate. Reinstalling twice, with each soft and factory reset...

-nothing is restricted in data sense

-I'd never looked in the battery saving option before, but it does not have the run in background slider that facebook does.

I've ran these apps for over a year now and have had no issue with either until today.

As I am writing this, neither text now nor facebook messenger will load now!

Please help!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
But he is having the issue on Windows Phone 8.1 and not Windows 10. I am getting the same problem on my Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile device since 5-6 days ago

for kik messenger?

There are a few other users in the forums experiencing issues with kik messenger, regardless of OS. So the problem seems to be the app itself and not the OS

zsuzska2

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Kik app last upgrade for Windows Phone was in February -- and this app was working until 6 days !! I read some other forums and many people have same problem with facebook and messenger , too . I think there are push apps -- I don't know, sorry if it not true. But I wrote for kik team and they told me -- It is not they mistake !! not kik not windows -- then mine maybe ? !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb