Kik messanger: Not receiving notifications when new messages arrive on Windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Kik was working just fine but as of yesterday I stopped receiving notifications when new messages arrive. I checked whether I accidentally set it not to work in the background but I didn't and I can't even see Kik on all apps list where I, for example, change sounds of the apps on my phone. There is nothing I can do about kik in phone setting but only in Kik settings itself where I checked the sound and message preview box. I tried installing it again and resetting but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Kik was working just fine but as of yesterday I stopped receiving notifications when new messages arrive. I checked whether I accidentally set it not to work in the background but I didn't and I can't even see Kik on all apps list where I, for example, change sounds of the apps on my phone. There is nothing I can do about kik in phone setting but only in Kik settings itself where I checked the sound and message preview box. I tried installing it again and resetting but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

do you receive notifications when the app is running and open? Check in settings too to see of the keep private option has been selected

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Ljilja

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I can hear a sound when the app is open. I do not have an option keep private so it is not set for sure. I don't know what might be the problem. I don't see it listed on the apps that run in the background list either. Not can I change the sound of the message. I use Lumia 950

zsuzska2

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
yes, I did few times. But I don't see kik in my operations center. -- earlier I see this app. I did soft reset and the problem is still ! I don't know the hard reset will solve the problem :/ I have Nokia Lumia 520 and win8.1

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
yes, I did few times. But I don't see kik in my operations center. -- earlier I see this app. I did soft reset and the problem is still ! I don't know the hard reset will solve the problem :/ I have Nokia Lumia 520 and win8.1

you can check in store >my downloads - the app will appear in the list for my downloads and you should be able to install it from there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb