How do I move/copy/place a desktop shortcut icon into the taskbar?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I want to put a few often used desktop shortcuts into the taskbar. How?

RGrayless

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a repeat of my question above. I used the taskbar in Windows 7 and also in Windows XP to quickly go to several websites in addition to other stuff. I just did this in Windows 7 for the past few years so I think it can be done. How?. Some of these sites are: My Yahoo, American Express, Facebook, Amazon, Wells Fargo, United Healthcare, Yahoo Fantasy Football, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, and others. This seems to be another example of Windows 10 failures. I very much thank you for any help you can give me.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is a repeat of my question above. I used the taskbar in Windows 7 and also in Windows XP to quickly go to several websites in addition to other stuff. I just did this in Windows 7 for the past few years so I think it can be done. How?. Some of these sites are: My Yahoo, American Express, Facebook, Amazon, Wells Fargo, United Healthcare, Yahoo Fantasy Football, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, and others. This seems to be another example of Windows 10 failures. I very much thank you for any help you can give me.

so this is what I found after you said it was possible before - I have never used this feature so I was completely unaware of it - apologies for my wrong assumption

So for pinning files or programs - when you drag the file or the program to the taskbar, it will pin the program and then pin the file within the program list. So if I drag an excel document to the taskbar, excel program gets pinned and when right clicking that excel icon, I can see all pinned excel files. The same for pdf, word etc

For links, you have to right click the taskbar > toolbars >links. The links list is the same as the links list on Internet Explorer - I didn't get to test with edge. So when you click on the links tool bar, you'll see all the website links there

thank you for pointing out my mistake, I appreciate it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99