Unexpected _store_exception at start-up

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

At start-up, getting BSOD for unexpected_store_exception. This is occurring on a HP Pavilion g series laptop with an AMD A6 processor that was upgraded from Windows 7

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
At start-up, getting BSOD for unexpected_store_exception. This is occurring on a HP Pavilion g series laptop with an AMD A6 processor that was upgraded from Windows 7

are you able to get to desktop screen? Or does it always get stuck with that error? Can you try starting in safe mode?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Jack_Rose

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. BSOD creates a mini-dump and then system reboots and comes up "normally" to log in screen. Everything seems to work fine after log in. Extremely annoying to go this at each boot up and would love to resolve the issue.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. BSOD creates a mini-dump and then system reboots and comes up "normally" to log in screen. Everything seems to work fine after log in. Extremely annoying to go this at each boot up and would love to resolve the issue.

try performing a sfc scan
Also check for updates for both the OS and for apps

Jack_Rose

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I found my solution. After reading 100's of post on many websites,the problem I reported is being reported by many users with HP Pavilion G series machines. In taking some hints from things people have tried, I made changes to the power settings and my start up issues have gone away. I believe the culprit is the "Turn on fast startup" option.

Thanks for your suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawkinshere